Terms of Business Keeping Landlords Legal
1. To actively market the property until suitable Tenants have been secured this is to include but is not limited to advertising across various medias including a “To Let” board which will be erected unless instructed otherwise.
2. To carry out referencing and vetting of any prospective tenant, including right to rent checks, to make recommendations to the Landlord as to the suitability of prospective Tenants and to agree the level of rent prior to granting a Tenancy. Such recommendations will include whether Key4lets ltd consider that a Guarantor is needed for the Tenant and to carry out any required checks on the Guarantor prior to granting the Tenancy.
3. Prepare, execute and keep in placed the appropriate Tenancy Agreements, Notices and Deeds of Guarantee (if appropriate) in accordance with prevailing legislation and on the Landlords behalf.
4. Arrange the transfer of utilities and meter readings to the Tenants and notify the Council Tax authorities.
5. Under the Gas Safety Installation and Use Regulations 1994, you must have a valid gas safety certificate for the property before the start of the tenancy. If you do not give us a valid gas safety certificate before the start of the tenancy we will arrange this for you. There will be an extra charge for this. Check Smoke Alarms and Carbon Monoxide Alarms are in date and in working order
6. You must have an Energy Performance Certificate in place or ordered before we market the property. Energy Performance Certificate’s are a legal requirement which the Landlord is responsible for payment. Key4lets Ltd can arrange this on the Landlords behalf (See Second Schedule attached) in accordance with the costs unless specifically instructed not to do so in writing by the Landlord. (See condition 5 Landlords Obligations and Agreement below)
7. To collect one month’s clear rent in advance and deposit monies equivalent to one month’s rent and transfer to an approved deposit scheme for the duration of the tenancy, or as otherwise agreed by the landlord. Further information about this scheme can be found at www.depositprotection.com
8. Arrange as part of the tenant find service a comprehensive inventory prior to tenant occupation and have the Tenant sign the same. (Cost to be charged to landlord)
9. Collect rents and account to the Landlord monthly and pay to the Landlord the sum within 7 days of the last day of the month.
10. To notify the Landlord of any rent outstanding. No rent will be payable to the Landlord until cleared funds have been received from the tenant.
11. Carry out internal inspections throughout the tenancy as deemed necessary.
12. Arrange any necessary maintenance to the Property and deducting costs from the rent received where requested.
13 To notify the Landlord of any apparent breach of any lease of the Property or any unlawful acts or omissions or circumstances relating to the use or occupation of the Property.
14. Ensure tenants have all legal and relevant information at check in to comply with current legislation.
15. To advise Tenants of their obligations under the terms of any lease of the property (but without any liability for the non-compliance of such Tenants).
16. Arrange a final inspection of the Property at the end of each tenancy.